Our client is seeking an experienced Middleware Administrator
Job Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in Linux, UNIX or Windows environments.
- Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards.
- have 1-3 years of experience supporting middleware technologies in Dev, Test and Prod environments; assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the middleware technologies; assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages; automating administration tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet security requirements.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management.
- Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
- Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow.
- Periodic review of Army Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Documenting common knowledge for future team use into Atlassian Confluence tool
- Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
Job Must Haves
- ery Strong Windows experience, including some Windows administration
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, ColdFusion or similar class server systems.
- 1-3 years of experience in application server management using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, ColdFusion or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
- Knowledge of Windows administrations skills.
- Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise.
- Experience with automating maintenance tasks in an IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tool such as Ansible
- Experience with PowerShell
- Understanding of application network architectures to troubleshoot firewall and port issues
- Understanding of SSL
- Ability to communicate to external customers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum
- Active Secret Clearance
- Comp TIA Sec+ Cert
- CE Cert (within 6 months of starting)
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus
- Knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures
- Bachelors Degree in technical field or related discipline or comparable experience in a previous job
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more information you can contact Gina Dilusant at (732) 607- 8740 or at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference 3270 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
We embrace the philosophy that we have (2) clients. You are one…the uniquely skilled resource and the end-client is our second client. We collaborate with both you and the end-client to ensure we have a career enhancing, financially attractive assignment for you and an innovative, problem solving skilled technical resource for the end client. Things we excel at:
- Direct client relationships
- Client feedback on resume submissions (3-5 days)
- Client feedback on interviews (2-4 days)
- Regular updates from dedicated Encode coverage team
- Let a career minded, dedicated professional work for you. Call me.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Encode, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their race, color, country of origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, or military service. Encode, Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.