Mainframe RACF Security Engineer w/conversion skills
Our client seeking an experienced Mainframe RACF Security Engineer w/conversion skills to accelerated Value program, perform and enable remote technical support of IBM z-series software, and solutions.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance on migration/upgrade planning for System Z Security environment.
- Review of Mainframe security environment, assess readiness, make recommendations, provide guidance through implementation.
- Provide technical guidance on planning, implementation and troubleshooting Ca ACF2 to RACF conversions.
- Provide technical support assistance to client and/or field support using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Provide Incident Management using root cause analysis.
- Provide Change Management with guidance on prerequisite technical requirement and impact analysis.
- Employ specific processes and tools to plan, track, monitor and report resolution activities and progress.
- Use technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
- Communicate action plans to the client or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Recommend and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes. May provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Monitor security issues identified with z-series application and proactively notifies clients on security issues and resolution.
- Must be the customer's advocate and utilize the customer's business perspective when looking at the systems/solution/enterprise view of any situation.
Nice To Have
- Direct RACF experience including demonstrated skills with RACF architecture, z/OS system and security knowledge.
- Experience in planning, implementing and troubleshooting Ca ACF2 to RACF conversions.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience with the following z-series elements:
- DB2 z/OS
- WAS z/OS
- Excellent client facing communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Information Systems, or relevant experience
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more information you can contact Gina Dilusant at (732) 637-1900 or at email@example.com quoting Job Reference 3068 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
We embrace the philosophy that we have (2) clients. You are one…the uniquely skilled resource and the end-client is our second client. We collaborate with both you and the end-client to ensure we have a career enhancing, financially attractive assignment for you and an innovative, problem solving skilled technical resource for the end client. Things we excel at:
- Direct client relationships
- Client feedback on resume submissions (3-5 days)
- Client feedback on interviews (2-4 days)
- Regular updates from dedicated Encode coverage team
- Let a career minded, dedicated professional work for you. Call me.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Encode, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their race, color, country of origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, or military service. Encode, Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.