Our client seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer supporting commercial cloud customers who reside in Microsoft Azure (Gov/DoD). Client is a managed service provider (MSP) for and we support enterprise applications owners in migrating their systems into Microsoft Azure and also provide sustainment services to support their applications. This position is for an engineer to support these applications from a migration, modernization, and sustainment role.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with customers to understand their application environments, evaluate any architectural changes they may need, and develop an architecture that meets the application requirements and utilizes a cloud native approach as much as possible.
- Prepare and submit build and process documentation internally and with external providers to facilitate application deployment and upgrades.
- Deploy and sustain cloud infrastructure to support customer applications.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) for deployment and sustainment of customer enclaves.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of customer application issues to include network, storage, operating system, and application-level analysis.
- Microsoft Azure Portal administration in support of the ALTESS cloud customers –add/modify/delete Azure resources, configuration of alerting and notifications, and general oversight of Azure resources.
- Provide on-call support for triage and resolution of after-hours production incidents.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute services and technologies.
Job Must Haves
- Senior level Cloud Engineer experience – IaaS required, some PaaS experience preferred
- Baseline knowledge of networking concepts (routing, firewall, load balancing) required; Knowledge of server technologies and application stacks preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills across the entire technology stack – network, storage, server, and applications
- Experience with automation tools and scripting languages (Ansible, Terraform, Python, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum
- CompTIA Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc. strongly preferred)
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more information you can contact Gina Dilusant at (732) 637-1900 or at email@example.com quoting Job Reference 3056 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
We embrace the philosophy that we have (2) clients. You are one…the uniquely skilled resource and the end-client is our second client. We collaborate with both you and the end-client to ensure we have a career enhancing, financially attractive assignment for you and an innovative, problem solving skilled technical resource for the end client. Things we excel at:
- Direct client relationships
- Client feedback on resume submissions (3-5 days)
- Client feedback on interviews (2-4 days)
- Regular updates from dedicated Encode coverage team
- Let a career minded, dedicated professional work for you. Call me.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Encode, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their race, color, country of origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, or military service. Encode, Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.