Linux/Windows Systems Engineer Lead
Our client seeking an experienced Linux/Windows Systems Engineer Lead
Job Key Responsibilities
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/network devices, etc.
• Install, configure and maintain virtual Operating Systems for workstations and servers to include VMWare, MS Windows and Linux physical and virtual hosts.
• Develop, deploy and maintain virtual machines and networks in a VMWare ESXi environment using vCenter and Horizon View
• Utilize deployment tools to create/capture and deploy machine images for classroom networks.
• Configure and manage Linux installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Install, maintain and improves system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
• Design modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
• Evaluate new technologies and architecting solutions.
• Participates in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
Job Must Haves
- Must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
• Must have experience with configuring and deploying various virtualization technologies.
• Must have experience in Linux, VMWare and Windows. Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary providing Tiers 1-3 help desk support.
• Must be well versed in VMWare (vSphere 6.x., ESXi, vCenter, Horizon View).
• Must have experience with Cloud/Servers/Network/Rhel
• UNIX Shell scripting, BASH, PowerShell
• Active Directory/Centrify, System logging and auditing
- Master's degree and 6 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 10 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 12 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 14 years’ experience in System Administration.
- One of the following approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements.
- Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE
Nice To Have
- Networking (Cisco and Brocade networking devices), Scripting, Netapp/EqualLogic storage, ePO, System Patching, Nessus
Experience designing a network or virtual environment a plus
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more information you can contact Gina Dilusant at (732) 637-1900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference 3038 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
We embrace the philosophy that we have (2) clients. You are one…the uniquely skilled resource and the end-client is our second client. We collaborate with both you and the end-client to ensure we have a career enhancing, financially attractive assignment for you and an innovative, problem solving skilled technical resource for the end client. Things we excel at:
- Direct client relationships
- Client feedback on resume submissions (3-5 days)
- Client feedback on interviews (2-4 days)
- Regular updates from dedicated Encode coverage team
- Let a career minded, dedicated professional work for you. Call me.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Encode, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their race, color, country of origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, or military service. Encode, Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.